New Edition of IRMI’s Wrap-Up Guide Addresses Dramatic Changes in the World of Controlled Insurance Programs (CIPs)
Dallas, TX, August 8, 2018—First published in 1990, The Wrap-Up Guide from International Risk Management Institute (IRMI) has served as an indispensable resource for thousands of risk managers and insurance professionals navigating the complexities of controlled insurance programs (CIPs).
Implementing a wrap-up or owner controlled insurance program (OCIP) for construction projects is now a common approach to improving project safety, reducing the cost of risk, and ensuring all contractors are covered under a broad liability insurance program. The Wrap-Up Guide helps project owners, CIP participants, or their broker or agent, avoid coverage gaps and common problem areas.
Nearly double in size, the new expanded edition is a top-to-bottom rewrite that offers a practical, step-by-step road map for sponsoring a CIP. Formatted as a "how-to" guide, the content follows the chronological order of a CIP implementation timeline, making it more user-friendly. The new edition also addresses dramatic changes in the world of CIPs such as the accelerated use of general liability-only programs in commercial and residential projects.
Updated content includes the following:
- New chapters addressing contractor insurance costs, structuring a CIP and marketing the project to underwriters, and the process of setting up a CIP
- Numerous activity checklists, helpful diagrams, and expanded exhibits
- Expanded discussion of potential pitfalls and problems with CIPs, including an entire chapter about things that can go wrong
- How CIP participants can make sure the program is structured to emphasize fairness to all parties
The Wrap-Up Guide is as an online subscription. Online access includes an additional appendix with state-specific wrap-up information that will be updated annually.
For more than 40 years, IRMI has helped save lives and livelihoods as the premier provider of risk management and insurance information, tools, education, and training. IRMI helps risk management, insurance, and legal professionals make better decisions for their companies and clients with unbiased expertise and balanced, comprehensive content.
Find Out More
- Visit: www.irmi.com
- Call: Heidi Vincent, (800) 827–4242
- Contact Us