Skip to Content

renters insurance

Renters insurance, similar to homeowners insurance, covers the contents of the home, apartment, or a condo the tenant rents but does not own. It also provides personal liability and medical payments coverage.

On This Page

Additional Information

Also known as tenants insurance or an HO 4 policy, it covers personal property losses similar to those insured by homeowners insurance, like fire and theft, but does not cover the building itself.


HO 4

Related Terms

The Homeowners Policy Contents Broad Form 4 (HO 4) is part of the Insurance Services Office, Inc....