Skip to Content

fair rental value coverage FRV

Fair rental value coverage is provided as part of additional living expense (ALE) under a homeowners policy and as Coverage D under a dwelling policy.

On This Page

Additional Information

If the insured rents a home (or a part of a home) to a tenant and that home (or that part of a home) becomes uninhabitable due to damage from a covered peril, FRV coverage reimburses the insured for the lost rent. Any expenses that do not continue while the home (or that part of a home) is uninhabitable (e.g., electricity) are then subtracted from the fair rental value. The payment will be for the least amount of time necessary to repair or replace that home (or that part of a home) rented or held for rental to others.

Related Terms

Additional living expense (ALE) is a type of insurance included within homeowners policies.