VLP Law Group LLP
Minneapolis , MN
Melissa J. Krasnow
Ms. Krasnow writes on cyber and privacy risk and insurance issues for IRMI.com.
She is a partner in Minneapolis at VLP Law Group LLP, who is the sole attorney who is recognized in both Nationwide Privacy & Data Security and Nationwide Technology for two consecutive years (2022 and 2023) in Chambers USA.
Her practice encompasses the following.
- Privacy, data security, big data, and artificial intelligence
- The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act; Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act; financial services regulatory laws; (including Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act); state laws, including the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)/California Privacy Rights Act (CPRA) and other state laws; EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- Data breaches/incidents/other events (ransomware, account takeover, business email compromise, phishing, and vulnerabilities), cyber governance, and crisis management
- Written information security programs (WISPs), incident response plans, tabletop exercises
- Cyber-liability insurance policy review
- Advice to boards of directors and officers on privacy, data security, and technology oversight and developments
- Website and mobile application privacy policies and terms and technology policies
- Technology and commercial transactions
- Master services agreements
- Nondisclosure agreements
- Data security addenda
- Business associate agreements
- Data processing agreements
- CCPA/CPRA and other state privacy law agreements
- Mergers and acquisitions
Ms. Krasnow is a Certified Information Privacy Professional/US and a board leadership fellow of the National Association of Corporate Directors.
Ms. Krasnow holds a bachelor of arts degree in Chinese studies and political science from Wellesley College and a juris doctor from Northwestern University School of Law. She also attended the University of British Columbia.