Warning! You are currently not signed in. Any products you have purchased will not be displayed until you Sign In

earthquake coverage

Typically excluded (along with other earth movement) from most property insurance policies, except ensuing fire. In most cases, earthquake coverage must be purchased by endorsement to a difference-in-conditions (DIC) policy or to an all risks policy. Normally, the coverage provided is subject to a per occurrence sublimit, an annual aggregate limit, and a separate deductible.

See also: all risks coverage, causes of loss forms, commercial property coverage forms, commercial property policy, difference-in-conditions insurance, named perils coverage, property insurance.

Links for IRMI Online Subscribers Only: CPI.VII.D; PRMI 13.E


Social Media